Conference Title: ‘Standing your ground’
A call for papers has been issued for the Arboricultural Association’s annual International Arboriculture Conference, to explore a central theme of ‘Soils and Trees’.
The AA National Amenity Arboricultural Conference returns to Exeter University from 9-12 September 2018 for its 52nd annual conference.
Under the theme of soils and trees, the Association is inviting submissions for presentations on the following:
- Tree health and resilience
- Soil science
- Soil ecology
- Tree-related fungi and soil
- Tree species selection
- Urban tree establishment
Submissions for other tree related subjects are also welcome, including:
- Population resilience and management,/li>
- Pests and diseases
- Trees and development
- Tree risk management
- Survey technology
- Tree valuation
- Veteran trees
AA Members, partners and colleagues are invited to submit papers and ideas under these themes, for presentation at the conference. Authors of submissions selected will then be invited to present their work at the conference. Most presentations will last no longer than 30 minutes.
Proposals should include the following information:
- Job title and organisation (if relevant)
- Brief biography (no more than 100 words)
- Please indicate if you are an Arboricultural Association member
- Title of session
- Subject area
- Abstract – a summary of content of up to 300 words
- Proposed presentation type (e.g.: Lecture theatre: Power point, video, audio only; Outside: Practical workshop, tour, etc)
The deadline for proposals is 5pm on Wednesday 31 January 2018. The AA’s conference steering group, which contains AA members, will assess the proposals and will aim to respond by the end of February.
Please forward this call for papers to anyone you think may be interested in contributing.
All proposed papers can be submitted to our Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org