Knowledge of the wildlife legislation affecting tree work is an essential requirement for professionals. This course aims to demystify this complex topic by walking participants through industry guidance and highlighting a simple step-by-step approach to undertaking bat assessments of trees. By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic bat biology.
- Identify the legal restrictions placed on tree work by legislation covering bats.
- Undertake a staged assessment of trees prior to work commencing.
- Identify and select suitable tools to assist the assessment, and recognise when these can and cannot be used.
- Recognise the limits of your professional knowledge and skills, and know when to seek additional help.