When you have completed this course you should be able to do the following:
1. Give a definition of a veteran tree that is of importance for biological or heritage value.
2. Explain why trees can live so long
3. Describe how and where roots grow and why they are important
4. Undertake a simple survey of a veteran tree in the field
5. Assess where management is likely to be appropriate for old trees or their surroundings
Who is the course aimed at?
The course is aimed at any person, in any industry, with an interest in trees.
This course will provide basic level information on valuing and managing veteran trees.
This course entitles you to CEU's see this link