Application of Biosecurity in Arboriculture
Guidance Note 2 - Application of Biosecurity in Arboriculture
Trees have evolved alongside pests and pathogens, with many of those organisms being instrumental in nutrient recycling and the ageing process. Consideration of biosecurity, and the implementation of control measures will help to limit the introduction and spread of pests and pathogens. Some are potentially more devastating, and the threat of their arrival in a localised area or country warrants planning and preventative action.
The purpose of this guidance is to provide information to the arboricultural industries, which will assist in efforts aimed at preventing a pest or pathogen outbreak that results in the accelerated mortality and loss of large numbers of trees. Section include:
- What is Biosecurity and Why is it Important?
- Managing Tree Populations with Biosecurity in Mind
- Building Resilience into a Tree Population
- The Trade in Plants and Trees with Responsible Sourcing of Plants
- Biosecurity Risk Assessment
- Overview UK Plant Health Authorities
- Definitions and Abbreviations
- Example Biosecurity Policy and Pathways Assessment
This guidance note is also available as a digital download, please click the button below:
You can now also browse this guidance note online for free:
Looking to purchase our books in volume for a business or personal requirement? We can offer Bulk Discounts.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing information, product details and to place your order.