at Merrist Wood College
19–20th October 2018
The first ever UK Conference for Arboriculture Students will be a landmark event. Free entry on Friday to all students and Free entry for AA Student Members on Saturday will enable young professionals the chance to delve into some fantastic CPD. The event will also give you an introduction to the work of the Arboricultural Association plus in-depth demonstrations and industry exhibitors providing you with the latest technological updates, advice and expertise.
Friday 19th October
(Free Entry for all Students)
Afternoon and Evening Lectures Confirmed So Far:
- Disaster Arborist Response Team (DART) Presentation.
- Technical Officer Paul McBride will present on accidents in tree work and the importance of safety.
- Jim Mullholland of The Ancient Tree Forum will talk on Bats and Veteran Tree Management.
- Navin Sehmi, a local contractor from Down to Earth Trees, will discuss the ins and outs of running an arboricultural business.
- Top Tips from ARB Approved Contractor John Trenchard and former World Tree Climbing Champion Jo Hedger.
Saturday 20th October
(Free entry for Arboricultural Association Student Members)
Saturday will consist of events and activities with exhibitor stands to wander around as well.
- Jack Kenyon taking students on a tree pests and diseases walk
- Fox Medics doing a first aid demo
- A climbing forum (walk in and have a go)
- Drone demo
- Air spade demo
- SRT demo
- Line throwing comp
- Axe throwing
- i-Tree demo
- Various kit demos
- International Society of Arboriculture stand
- Arboricultural Association book shop
- A hog roast in the afternoon and drinks available throughout.
Saturday will be ticketed admission:
£10 entry for Non-members
Free entry for Student members
Booking now available:
Arboricultural Association Membership is Free for all Students studying Arboriculture at a UK College.
There are still more expert speakers to be confirmed in the coming weeks, making this a fantastic opportunity for arboriculture students throughout Great Britain.
If you would like to find out more information about the events please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in attending, exhibiting at or sponsoring the AA’s Student Conference 2018, then give us your details!