The objectives will be achieved by the delivery of a mixture of indoor presentations and outdoor exercises on:
Pre work assessment:
- Outside exercise to plan work methods, initial risk assessment and resource management
Training and certification available to arborists- LANTRA Awards, NPTC City and Guilds etc:
- Current training and certification systems available in the UK.
Industry Safety Guides and Codes of Practice relevant to practical arboriculture
- Current HSE/industry guidance available
PPE available to arborists:
- PPE required for chainsaw use, both on and off the ground
Risk Assessment for Commercial Arboriculture:
- Understanding both generic and site specific risk assessments
Application of LOLER to Arboriculture
- What arboricultural equipment is subject to LOLER and the inspection regimes that are required
Work at Height - outside demonstrations and exercise:
- Demonstration of safe techniques for gaining access into, moving around in and descending from trees
- Demonstration of the safe use of top-handled chainsaws
- Demonstration of aerial rescue
- Work at height safety audit
- Delegates to carry out safety audit.
Who is the course aimed at?
The course is aimed at any arboricultural contractors and clients procuring arboricultural services.
None, although delegates should be working in arboricultural contracting or procuring arboricultrual services.