- Course Introduction
- A reminder of PTI standards for inspectors. Clear and concise observations, findings and comments
- Explaining inspection types and understanding specifications for aerial inspections
- The power of photographs and sketches
- Explanation of the Guidance note proforma
- Equipment requirements and uses
- Discussion and demonstration of inspection features including of cracks/splits, cavities, weak forks, and missing bark for different inspection types
- Operation requirements for aerial inspections. This will include a risk assessment and briefing for the afternoon exercise and kit checks
- Demonstration of aerial inspection. Instructor taking measurements with delegates recording information on proforma
- Tree climbing exercise. Delegates to measure and record one tree each in teams
- Bracing – Function and integrity
- Summing up and sources of information.
Delegates should have passed the Professional Tree Inspector (PTI) course or similar, and hold a tree climbing and aerial rescue competency.