The contract is for three years from 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2019 with two possible extensions of three years in 2019 and 2022.
The contract has been divided into three service areas; Arboricultural Works (Lots 1-5), Basal Growth (Lots 6-8) and Planting (Lots 9-11).
Arboricultural Works (per year) – Lots 1-5
- Lot 1 will include Planned Programmed Highways Arboricultural works and a 24 hour Emergency Call-Out service for 122 days, between April 1st and July 31st.
- Lot 2 will include Planned Programmed Parks and Housing Arboricultural works and a 24 hour Emergency Call-Out service for 122 days, between August 1st and November 30th.
- Lot 3 will include Planned Programmed Highways Arboricultural works and a 24 hour Emergency Call-Out service for 121 days, December 1st and March 31st.
- Lot 4 will undertake Planned Programmed Highways Arboricultural works only.
- Lot 5 will include Reactive (packaged on 1st and 15th each month) and Urgent (one to five day completion period) arboricultural works within the borough throughout the year and across all Council sites.
Basal Growth – Lots 6-8
- Lots 6, 7 and 8 include the removal of Basal Growth from street trees across the borough; each Lot will require two rounds of work in June and late September.
Planting – Lots 9-11
- Lot 9 will deliver the Councils routine tree planting programme.
- Lot 10 & 11 will deliver extra tree planting in years when additional funding has been sourced.
Through an open tender process applicants are invited to bid for individual or all Lots but the awarding of each Lot will focus on delivering the best outcome for the Council. Contractors will be invited to offer discounts on the award of multiple Lots within each service area (Arboricultural Works, Basal Growth and Planting) but each company must meet the Council’s financial turnover threshold (annual turnover must be two times greater than the contract value) for the Lot or Lots awarded.
Tenders must be submitted before 16:00 on 30th October 2015 visit our websiteor contact Dale Mortimer (Tree Service Manager – London Borough of Ealing)firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8825 6685.