13th June 2019
An unmissable opportunity to enjoy a talk and tour of the spectacular Mount Stuart Trust on the Isle of Bute. A free trip to one of Scotland’s great gardens, which has seen a recent restoration and improvements within the arboretum. A chance to see the champion trees on the grounds up close and personal.
An unmissable opportunity to visit the Mount Stuart Trust:
- A Free event in one of Scotland’s great gardens.
- Talk and Tour plus Pests and Diseases Update.
- Decay Detection, Air spade and SRT Climbing Demonstrations among champion trees.
- Easily Accessible – Free Mini Bus Transport to and From Ferry.
- Only 60 minutes by Train from Glasgow Central Station.
The Estate on Bute is very easily accessed – a simple train journey leaving from Glasgow Central station will deliver you to the ferry at Wemyss bay will get you onto the island in around 90 minutes; a free minibus on the island will then deliver you to and from the ferry to the Estate.
Lectures and Demonstrations will include:
- Dr Jon Banks – Biosecurity/Pest & Disease update
- Jason Hasaka:-
- Arbortom decay detection demonstration
- Air spade and soil decompaction demonstration
- SRT climbing demonstration
Thank you to the Mount Stuart Trust and Bartlett Tree Experts for supporting the meeting providing facilities, lunches and refreshments.