You are invited to the launch of a new Toolkit to help local authorities and other agencies develop Action Plans for ash dieback. Hear from the Welsh Government, The Tree Council and other speakers, followed by a tour of the ash trees in the Botanic Garden.
Thu, 28 March 2019, 09:30 – 14:30 GMT
National Botanic Garden of Wales
10am: Event Commences
1pm: Sandwich Lunch
1.30pm: Garden Tour
If you have any special dietary requirements, please email Geraldine, on email@example.com. Vegetarians will be catered for.
The Toolkit is designed to assist Local Authorities and other regional or local agencies and stakeholders to prepare an Ash Dieback Action Plan (ADAP) to respond to the problems that the affected trees will create.
This Toolkit contains resources and materials created by Local Authorities and other agencies as they prepared to manage the impacts of ash dieback.
This Toolkit will help stakeholders to produce an effective ADAP and includes examples from Local Authorities who are currently active in managing their ash trees.
- Tree Health in Wales – Welsh Government
- Ash Dieback in Wales – Natural Resources Wales
- Scientific and Technical Analysis of Ash Dieback – Forest Research Wales
- The Ash Dieback Toolkit – The Tree Council
- Case Study of Local Authority Action plans and Community involvement
- Fungal Fruiting Body research
- Walk around gardens focusing on Ash
- Workshop on Ash dieback planning
For full details of how to plan your trip, please see the Botanic Gardens website:
Botanic Gardens Website
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org