Location: Any location within North Tyneside
Contract: Full time, Permanent, 37 hours per week
Salary: £22,571 - £23,953 per annum
Closing date: 10 July 2022.
Are you passionate about the local environment and the community benefits it provides?
If the answer is yes, then an exciting opportunity exists for you within Environment, Housing & Leisure. Local Environmental Services are looking to appoint an experienced Arborist with the appropriate skills and certifications.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and experienced person with the necessary skills to maintain tree stock and waggonways of North Tyneside.
You will be required to assist the maintenance of North Tyneside’s tree stock in accordance with the Tree Management Objectives, good practice, British Standards, safety standards and all legislation and deal with technical and day to day enquiries linked to the trees, woodlands and waggonways located in North Tyneside. You will be required to engage with users in the local community. You will need to be able to work independently and use your own initiative to provide benefit for all users of the park. You will work proactively with all members of the wider team including external agencies.
You will be an integral member of the Horticulture and Parks team ensuring North Tyneside is a great place to live, work and visit.
If you have the appropriate skills and want to make a difference, we would like to hear from you.
For an informal discussion please call Jonathan Kennedy, Team Leader (Arboriculture) on 07583 140042 or email: email@example.com.
As an employee of North Tyneside Council you will feel valued from the moment you join us. We have a comprehensive induction process to ensure you are supported in your role from day one and our experienced and approachable management team will support you to achieve your professional goals.
In return for your valuable contribution you will have access to our excellent benefits package:
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (for contracts of 3 months or more)
- A supportive Occupational Sick Pay scheme
- A generous annual leave allowance, which increases with service, plus bank holidays
- Annual pay increments up to the top of the salary grade
- A range of flexible working and leave options, including part-time working, to support work/life balance (subject to business requirements)
- Access to Occupational Health services including physiotherapy and counselling
- Our Employee Assistance Programme which includes a telephone helpline and extensive online resources for support and advice
- Extensive training and development opportunities including access to our Learning Pool online platform
- Supported career progression
- Discounted membership of our Leisure Centres including 5 gyms; 4 pools; 2 spas and over 250 classes every week
- The ‘Benefits Plus’ Scheme enabling salary sacrifice for Car Leasing; Cycle to Work Scheme; additional annual leave, public transport season tickets, and professional subscriptions
- Credit Union Savings Scheme
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In addition, staff and volunteers are expected to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance in relation to safeguarding children and safe practice with vulnerable adults. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.
Closing date: 10 July 2022.