Business Area: Arboriculture & Landscaping
Vacancy Base: NW9
Hours: 40 Hours per week (7:00 – 16:00)
Competitive Salary £ + plus a benefit package
Street Tree Care are arboricultural and landscape contractors. We work in the public, commercial and private sectors. We have a large local authority client list and are approved contractors for Westminster, Southwark, Lewisham, Brent and Richmond. We are an Arboricultural Association Approved Contractor, a CHAS accredited contractor and have ISA certified arborists.
Street Tree Care predominantly plant and care for trees in the public highway. However, as an approved arboricultural association contractor we also require a person with good aboricultural knowledge to carry out tree pruning works for domestic clients.
- Supervise Ground Operatives ensuring work is completed to the required standards usually working in a team of two
- Assist the Operations Manager in planning and organizing each job, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available
- Carry out large scale tree planting schemes including excavating in the highway.
- Prune and fell trees for domestic clients.
- Grind stumps in the highway and for domestic clients
- Hard/soft landscaping, general maintenance, such as mulching, pruning etc.
- Support the care, maintenance and irrigation during the busy spring and summer season
- Complete work related administrative/clerical tasks which may include accurate maintenance of databases and records including stock control
- Monitor and ensure the safety of equipment reporting faults and breakdown as necessary
- Ensure that safe systems of work are followed, risk assessments are undertaken, to protect both staff and customers and that regulations are enforced, and relevant data is recorded
The successful applicant will have:
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Arboriculture Diploma (preferred)
- NPTC CS40 Aerial Pruning, CS38 Aerial Rescue (preferred)
- Experience in maintenance of street trees, climbing / pruning and felling, ground level and general tree work, leading a team and using electronic mobile devices
- Good working knowledge of current planting best practice and a basic knowledge of horticulture
- Flexible and motivated
For an informal discussion, once you have read the job summary please contact Chris Suthers, Street Tree Care Director on 01454 863696 or email email@example.com
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPOURTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WE VALUE DIVERSITY.