Salary: Negotiable, starting at £28,000
Ecology by Design is currently looking to recruit a highly-talented Senior Arboricultural Consultant to join our expanding team. The role would be suitable for a senior with proven track record or a highly ambitious consultant looking to take that next step.
Ecology by Design was setup in January 2015 and we have had consistent growth ever since. We strive to employ the best and brightest and reward hard work and dedication. We provide environmental consultancy services to a wide range of clients. We pride ourselves in technical excellence and providing an innovative, pragmatic, client-friendly service.
We are a young business and we seek to employ ambitious professionals to join us in this period of growth.
We work across the UK with the majority of our projects across the Home Counties, South and Midlands.
The right candidate will work closely with the company founder to develop this new service area in the business. The right person will be excited by joining a rapidly growing business and have clear ambition to grow with the business helping shape it as a modern, innovative environmental consultancy. The scope of this role is flexible and will give the right candidate an opportunity to shape their place in the business.
What does the role involve?
As a Senior Arboricultural Consultant you will be expected to work closely with the company director to develop the range of arboricultural services we offer and work alongside the team and external suppliers both managing and assisting on a range of projects. The primary role will include undertaking BS5837:2012 Tree surveys, Arboricultural Impact Assessments and Arboricultural Method Statements, clerk of works and hazard assessments.
The candidate must be able to work independently to secure commissions and undertake survey work.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Genuine and demonstrable enthusiasm for trees and the environment;
- Degree in Arboriculture or Forestry or equivalent qualification or experience (e.g. Arboricultural Association level 3-4 or higher);
- Member of a relevant professional body such as RICS, Arboricultural Association or ICF;
- Detailed working knowledge of arboricultural work, including legislation and planning policy;
- Experience of producing tree risk management surveys/ reports;
- Ability to lead field teams and manage projects;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Motivated to work both independently and as part of a team, often in remote locations;
- Good communication skills both with colleagues, clients and third parties;
- Comfortable designing surveys and quoting for work;
- Full driving licence and use of a car; and
- The project-based nature of our work means the candidate must be willing to undertake travel and work away from home with overnight stays.
- LANTRA Professional Tree Inspection certificate;
- NPTC CS38 Climbing Trees and Aerial Rescue Certificate
- Demonstrable experience of developing business across a range of sectors;
- Experience of using mapping software e.g. QGIS, ArcGIS, CAD or Vector Works software;
- Apple computer and IPhone;
- Competitive salary;
- Professional memberships paid for;
- Unlimited in-house and external training budget;
- Colleague nominated bonus scheme;
- Generous pension;
- Unlimited annual leave and flexible approach to work time, complimenting a healthy work life balance.
The candidate must live within commuting distance to Oxford or be willing to relocate, although part home working can be considered for the right candidate.
Being part of a young company offers excellent opportunities to be a part of a growing SME with clear strategic direction and opportunities to grow with the business.
In the first instance please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com including the location you are based and salary expectation.
Closing date for applications is 28th February 2019
If you have not heard from us by Thursday 14th March, please assume that your application has not been successful.