Location: Based in Cannington, Somerset and working throughout the South-West
Salary: £28,000 - £36,000
Contract: Full time and permanent
Closing Date: 10 July 2021
About the Job:
Sedgemoor Tree Services are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic fully qualified lead, with a minimum of 3 years climbing experience, to undertake all manner of tree surgery operations to a high standard.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a lead climber to manage their own arb team, using the latest software and equipment.
In Return We Offer:
- The opportunity to lead and develop their own tree team.
- A competitive salary: £28,000 - £36,000 (dependent on experience).
- 28 days annual leave per year (including Bank Holidays), with an additional day for every year you have worked with us.
- Full P.P.E and a high standard of equipment.
- Private Health Assured Program.
- Pension Scheme.
- Overtime available with call outs and weekend work.
- Potential career progression.
- Further training and development possible.
We are a Covid secure company, with a very robust policy in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all of the STS Team and their families.
Sedgemoor Tree Services Ltd is a family run business, located in Combwich, Somerset. Based on the doorstep of the Quantocks and The Somerset Levels, covering the M5 corridor from Bristol to Exeter.
Established in 2005, Sedgemoor Tree Services Ltd work with a very broad spectrum of customers, from private individual clients to government departments and multi-national companies.
As well as being a certified ISO 14001:2015, 45001:2018 and 9001:2015 company, Sedgemoor Tree Services are very proud to have been recently awarded the Achilles Building Confidence Accreditation and Arboricultural Association ARB Approved Contractor status.
These awards and accreditations underline our commitment to our profession, our team and our customers, and underpin the culture of Sedgemoor Tree Services.
The successful candidate must have a passion for our industry and principles which complement our own.
The successful applicant must:
- Have a proven background in leading a team safely and delivering a high standard of work and efficiency.
- Have a good knowledge of health and safety regulations along with WAH regulations.
- Be competent at using modern climbing techniques with a sound knowledge of the new regulations.
- Have amazing communication skills - these are really important!
- Have a great knowledge of the Arb world, with an interest in keeping up to date on all aspects of the industry.
- Have a proven track record of managing your and others workload, showing great organisational skills. Excellent on-site organisational skills are paramount.
- Be able to communicate at all levels. We work with a variety of clients, from domestic to very large corporations, where professional interaction is as important as the standard of work delivered.
- Possess all relevant NPTC qualifications are required, including competencies using a Woodchipper, Stump Grinder, MEWP.
- Hold a full driving licence, ideally with B & E.
A working knowledge of Traffic Management and a signing, lighting and guarding qualification would be ideal.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Not be afraid of heights or be allergic to wood.
- Good communication and customer service skills, positive attitude, self-motivated and with high attention to detail.
- Reliable, punctual and well-presented.
- Highly motivated and able to work to a high standard of safety and quality.
- Be willing to work as part of a team and take pride in their work. The ability to work productively without supervision.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Due to the nature of the work candidates need to be physically fit to carry out all tree services.
How to Apply:
We appreciate that applying for a new job takes time and moving to a new company is a risk, so if you would like to have an informal conversation about us and the role please call us on 0800 1938733.