Location: Cirencester/Coleford/Witney/Home working
Salary: £22,000 - £24,493 pro rata
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Job reference: PUB106
Closing date: 15th June 2021@midnight
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Assistant Tree Officer to manage the Councils’ trees and undertake other Council related tree work including responding to queries from the general public; Tree Preservation Orders and planning issues.
About the role…
- Safeguard, promote and champion the value of trees and woodland, as a key part of our natural environment and for their contribution to addressing the ecological and climate emergencies.
- Manage the Councils’ own tree stock. (Including: tree inspections; tree planting; tree works specifications; contractor audits; management and monitoring of tree works contracts, data management)
- Undertake other Council-related tree work as required such as tree works applications and notifications; Tree Preservation Orders; Development Management etc.
- Advise colleagues, Councillors and the general public on arboriculture matters.
You will need…
- A qualification in your area of expertise, equivalent to BTEC, HND, HNC, NVQ level 4/5 or relevant experience of five years
- Professional Tree Inspection qualification
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent to grade C/4 or higher
- Experience of tree management (including contract specification and contractor management)
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
Who are we…
Publica is a unique place to work – we’re a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you…
- agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- paid for health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- paid for Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- cycle to work scheme
- paid for access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact Sophia Price, Heritage and Design Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01285 623000
Closing date: 15th June 2021@midnight
Interview date: week commencing 28th June 2021
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above by clicking on the ‘Apply for this Position’ icon within this page. Alternatively, please email us at email@example.com or contact the recruitment team on 01285 623319
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.