Location: Newmarket, Suffolk
Salary: £22,000-£27,000 (DOE)
About the Company
Started in 2016, Ligna Consultancy is a small but rapidly growing arboricultural consultancy firm located near Newmarket, Suffolk. Our work is mostly based around East Anglia, although, we do occasionally work further afield on big contracts.
We pride ourselves in forming long-lasting working relationships with our clients. These are based upon open communication, the ability to convey our expertise in a concise manner, and the desire to continually improve the service that we provide to them. We are committed to providing our clients with in-depth and tailored advice. Our primary focus is on tree condition assessments and development applications.
About the Job
We’re looking for a full-time Arboricultural Surveyor/Consultant to join the team. Your role will primarily be based around tree condition surveys and inspections.
If successful, your duties will include the following tasks:
- Undertake tree condition surveys and inspections,
- Provide verbal and written advice on tree management.
- Produce high-quality tree reports.
- Submit CA and TPO works applications.
- Attend meetings and supervisions as a representative of Ligna Consultancy.
- Help attract and build strong relationships with new (and existing) clients.
- You may be required to stay away from home (subsistence paid).
- Occasionally, undertake the perilous and arduous journey to empty the office bin.
As an applicant you will ideally have the following:
- Lvl 3/4/5 qualification in arboriculture
- Lantra PTI
- Professional Member of the Arboricultural Association
- 2+ years experience in arboricultural consultancy
- Full UK Driving License
- Experience with writing reports and undertaking surveys
- Experience with resi-drill testing (preferrable)
- You should have excellent tree, fungi and disease ident skills.
- You must be competent in the undertaking of Tree Surveys (Condition Surveys).
- You must be accurate and diligent in the production of your work, and able to independently produce high-quality reports.
- Be computer literate, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Be good at problem solving, as an individual and as a team.
- Be well presented, trustworthy and punctual.
- Have a desire to continually improve your knowledge and work.
- Have a love of the outdoors (you’ll be out there quite a lot!)
- Be a team player
If successful, you will receive:
- Anticipated salary range £22,000-£27,000 (DOE) (reviewed annually).
- £1000 bonus upon completion of probationary period.
- 28 days paid annual leave per year (pro rata).
- Pension contributions.
- Paid mileage, travel & subsistence (whilst away from home).
- A company van.
- Fully funded CPD.
- Opportunities for increased responsibilities and career progression.
If you think you may be a good fit for the role, and would like to join a young, forward thinking and dynamic company, please email us your CV and a covering letter of experience.
Please note that if accepted, there will be a 6-month probationary period.
If you wish to discuss the opportunity and role further, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Look forward to hearing from you.
Ben Hallinan - Director