Location: Oxford / Swindon / Melksham / Andover / Portsmouth / Petersfield / Aldershot / Chichester / Basingstoke
Salary: £9.22 – £15.78 depending on skills and experience plus company van.
Contract: Permanent | Full-Time Hours | 37 hours per week
As Quality and Safety Inspector, you will be responsible for overseeing the performance of all utility arb contractors working for SSEN. This is a key role for our small team and provides us with a direct link to the contractors that work for us. Currently there are 9 main contractors supplying over 200 staff who work around our overhead network.
The QSI role covers a wide range of functions, key responsibilities include the following:
- Conducting on-site safety audits
- Site inspections on completed works
- Data reporting
- Support of planned customer interruptions
- Contractor coaching
- Customer liaison
- Project management
- Surveying, consenting and provision of associated job packs
Your Skills and Experience
The following skills will help you to be successful in this role however, some training can be provided for the right candidates:
- Arboriculture / Utility Arboriculture qualifications
- Customer focused
- Ability to assess, plan and challenge a workforce
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to identify inefficiencies and be able to suggest and implement improvements
- Safety driven
- Proactive time management
At Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN) we are keeping our customers’ lives comfortable, warm and well lit, no matter what. Our focus on people helps us understand the needs of the community and deliver the best service possible. We’ve worked on our networks for over 70 years to meet the changing needs of our customers. We are ready to meet the challenges ahead: We’re powering our community.
Safety is at the core of everything that we do within SSEN and if it is not safe we don’t do it.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here’s a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, please visit www.sse.com/careers and enter job vacancy number 521856.