Company: Cormac Solutions
Location: Redruth, Cornwall
Salary: £20,670.00-£26,247.00 per year
Contract: 2 x fixed term positions for 18 months
Hours: 37 & 18.5 hours per week
Closing Date: 21 October
You will deal directly with, and be a key point of contact for, staff at all levels of the organisation and external clients, customers and partners. You will support the management of the Council’s tree and woodland assets through the application of laws and regulations, the engagement of the local community and the funding and delivery of sound tree and woodland management advice.
We are looking for you to bring:
- Proficient understanding and knowledge of woodland management and arboriculture including; tree identification, biology, decay, response to external factors and management
- Evidence of a knowledge of tree/woodland ecology and biodiversity and management principles and practice
- Considerable experience of the arboricultural or related industries in private practise or local authority with particular emphasis on tree management
- Previous employment experience in an arboriculture role. Specifically inspecting, assessing tree risk, specifying tree works and undertaking risk assessments
- The normal duties of the role will involve travel throughout the county. Therefore a full driving licence is required for this post
Cormac provides highway and environmental design and maintenance services, construction of major highway schemes, surfacing and facilities management services including property maintenance, cleaning and caretaking services. The services Cormac provide in relation to Highways and Environment assets are informed by Cornwall Council strategic objectives in respect of climate change, environmental growth and transport infrastructure. Cormac network teams work to ensure that all Council owned assets are inspected routinely, and that appropriate action is initiated to ensure asset defects are recorded and remedial works are carried out. There is a current emphasis and demand for more focussed management and inspection of trees across the Council’s portfolio of assets in accordance with the Council’s Tree Risk Management Framework.
Any employment offers will need to successfully complete an Enhanced DBS check.
Applications for the position are by application form and we therefore cannot accept CV's, you can download a copy of our application form from our website, or please email us and we will be able to provide you with a role profile and application form.
Closing date for applications is 21 October.
By submitting your application and/or your Contact Information to the Corserv recruitment Team you agree to our Privacy Notice (full details can be found by visiting www.corservltd.co.uk/work-with-corserv)