(Arb Approved Contractor Scheme)
As the leading voice on all matters arboricultural in the UK, the Arboricultural Association provides a home and membership for all those employed within the sector; inspiring, supporting and promoting the tree care community for a society that better appreciates and cares for trees.
We provide the standards, training, support and recognition that put our members, in the UK and overseas, at the peak of their profession. We work in partnership with other organisations and stakeholders to achieve successful results for our membership and the wider profession.
The role will encompass the administration of the ARB Approved Contractor Scheme (ArbAC). Providing the necessary support to the Business Development Manager, contractors and assessors and all associated with the scheme.
- To maintain up-to-date and accurate files for all members of the scheme, capturing all key data.
- To be the first point of contact for any enquiry regarding the scheme.
- To ensure the Arb scheme processes and procedures as agreed under the ISO9001 are adhere to.
- Planning and preparation for industry specific audits.
- To ensure that the Business Development Manager is provided with data, to enable assessment and desktop audit to be costed.
- Make all the arrangements in respect of assessments and desktop audits, workshops and scheme events.
- Provide support to the Business Development Manager in preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Provide regular updates of potential members to the Business Development Manager, CEO and members of the committee and board.
- Tracking progress of new applications.
- Raise, check and process all associated invoices.
- Chase payment and relevant documentation from the members.
- Administer all applications within an agreed timeline.
- Ensure that all documentation, certification and other relevant information regarding the assessors is kept up-to-date and secure, in accordance with GDPR.
- Receptionist duty as and when required to support the organisation.
- Mandatory availability for specific events (Conference and ARB Show).
Experience and skills
The successful candidate will have:
- Competence with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint and databases.
- Able to use Teams and Zoom efficiently.
- Administration experience and skill in a busy role.
- Time management and prioritisation with excellent organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills.
- Professionalism in communication with customers and colleagues.
- Ability to work as a team and independently.
- Excellent phone manner.
- Team player.
- Working in a beautiful setting in the at the Association’s head office, The Malthouse, Gloucestershire, GL10 3DL.
- 37.5 hours per week.
- Full time office-based, with possibility of 1/2 day flexible working per week following a probationary period.
- Competitive salary.
- All normal employment benefits.
- 21 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, you will be working as part of a small team, helping each other to make your working day rewarding by raising standards for all the companies that care for trees! At the Arboricultural Association we care for the trees and the people that care for the trees.
Interested candidates should submit a comprehensive CV plus a covering letter outlining how they meet the person specification described above. The covering letter must also specify expected notice period.
These documents must be emailed to the Business Development Manager, Françoise Susanne, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on July 1st, 2022.
Candidates will be informed whether or not they will be invited to an interview by July 8th, 2022. It is envisaged that the process will be completed and an appointment made by mid-August 2022.
Contact and further information
You can find out more about the Association, including the Strategic Plan 2022-24.
For any further information, or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call on 07999 496269
Download the Job Description