The purpose of the Utility Arboriculture Group (UAG) is to champion the development and maintenance of a safe and sustainable utility arboriculture industry through the establishment of unified and nationally recognised tree care and safety standards accepted by all stakeholders.
The UAG is a sub group of the Arboricultural Association’s Professional Committee. It has various grades of membership: Virtual Member, Full Member and Core Member.
Core Group Members
The Core Group consists of between 4 and 12 members elected by the UAG’s Full Members and are assigned to represent specialist areas on the Core Group as follows:
- 4 Utility Arboriculture Contractors
- 4 Utility companies who employ Utility Arboriculture Contractors
- 1 Consultant to the UA industry
- 1 Training and Certification provider to the UA industry
- 1 Supplier to the UA industry
- 1 Arboricultural Association (staff, Trustee or committee member)
The Core Group adds co-opted members from time to time to undertake specific tasks
For details of the process of election to the Core Group please see the UAG’s Terms of Reference.
Core Group membership is currently as follows:
Utility Arboriculture Contractors
EOS Contracting Limited
Utility Companies who employ Utility Arboriculture Contractors
SP Energy Networks
UK Power Networks
Consultant to the UA industry Training and Certification provider to the UA industry Supplier to the UA industry Arboricultural Association (staff, Trustee or committee member)
Arboricultural & Forestry Consultancy Services
Our current co-options and their responsibilities:
- Allison Fry - Health and Safety Executive
- Steve Toase - Electricity North-West